Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November 2017 Student of the Month: Karlie Wright (@Wright_KarlieM)

Every month, we like to highlight students that have gone above and beyond in the Agriculture Education program at PSU! We are proud to announce that Karlie Wright was selected as the November Student of the Month! Lets learn about her story and accomplishments so far.

Karlie is a Post Baccalaureate student seeking for certification in AEE. She had graduated from Penn State in 2014 with a B.S. in Agricultural Sciences and a minor in Environmental Soil Science. After she gets her certification in AEE this spring she plans to obtain a teaching position in Agricultural Education. Her story is a little bit different from most students at Penn State. She states, "If you would have asked me 10 years ago, 3 years ago, or even 1 year ago, do you want to be a teacher? I would have simply replied, absolutely not. I only wanted to "teach" in non-formal ways - workshops, being a 4-H leader, or CDE/LDE coach. However, my thoughts and mind have been open by people I look up too and experiences I have had at my job for the County Conservation District." 


She wants to make an impact in students' lives, and that is what had kept her motivated to become certified to teach agriculture. She simply exclaims, "Whether I get an agricultural education teaching job close to home, become an extension agent, or end up later down the road teaching another subject, I will be carrying out my dream – wherever God takes me." 

Fun Facts:
Outside of Class Activities: Teach Ag Society
Hometown: Waynesburg, PA
Birthday: April 22, 1992
Favorite PSU Class: Undergraduate Studies - Soils Morphology/Currently AEE 350
Favorite Place to Eat in State College: Home delivery; Texas Roadhouse
Favorite Athletics Team/Sport: PSU Football




Luke Kerstetter
Communications Team Member
Twitter Handle: @lmkerstetter96
2020 Agricultural Education Student Teacher



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!

We will moderate and approve as appropriate!