Thursday, August 29, 2024

Sarah Beaver is June AEE Student of the Month

 AEE June Student of the Month


The Center for Professional Personnel Development would like to recognize Sarah Beaver as the June Student of the Month for her outstanding efforts in her academics and extracurriculars. Sarah is majoring in Agricultural and Extension Education with a minor in International Agriculture and will graduate in May of 2027. She chose Penn State because, "Penn State felt like home the first time I visited. It was always my dream school but I never thought I would get into University Park but with a lot of hard work and dedication here I am! Once I knew that I wanted to do AG education I knew Penn State was where I wanted to go." 

Sarah is a 2023 graduate of Otto-Eldred High School where she was involved in the Otto-Eldred FFA Chapter which is the only Chapter in McKean County. During her time in FFA she served as Vice President and President. From being an officer, she learned, "skills like communication, outreach, and perseverance. During my time, I attended local and area events, state conferences, and conventions, building leadership skills and networking. I also worked on various Supervised Agricultural Experience projects ranging from placement to exploratory. By my senior year, I was able to earn my State Keystone Degree at the Pennsylvania Farm Show. I am very grateful for my time in PA FFA and look forward to continuing to be a part of it in the future." 

On campus, Sarah is involved in the University Park Undergraduate Association as the College of Agricultural Science Representative. She also is a Student Senator in the College of Agricultural Sciences Faculty Senate. Additional she is an Ag Student Council Executive Team member, an Ag Advocate, and a part of the Global Orientation in Agricultural Learning Program Cohort 3. She also holds a position as an intern for the Global Teach AG Network. Her favorite class on campus is INTAG 100N. Sarah enjoys hanging out in the Ferguson Building and going to SNAP Pizza with her friends. Her hobbies include being outside
and spending time with her friends and family. Sarah's favorite sports team is the Bills. An interesting fact about Sarah is that she is related to James A. Beaver, the guy that Beaver Stadium is named after.
Sarah had the opportunity to be involved in the Global Orientation in Agricultural Learning (GOALs) program this past year. She traveled to the World Food Prize in the fall, learned about different aspects of global agriculture, and got to teach on this subject for a week in the spring. Sarah says, "I was fortunate enough to be a part of the GOALs program this year. This program was the highlight of my first year here at PSU. I learned so much, met many amazing people, and experienced things that have transformed my understanding of agricultural education. I am so thankful for the opportunities this program has provided me."


Her agricultural interest and passion surround that of agricultural education, global agriculture issues, food security, and agricultural policy. In the future, she hopes to use her degree from Penn State to become a high school agricultural science teacher and impart her knowledge on students. 



Sarah's favorite quote:
"Keep planting and sowing, living and knowing: Beautiful things take time, and that is okay."
- Morgan Harper Nichols


Follow Sarah on Social Media
@sa.r.ah_beaver




Erica Teagarden
CPPD Student Worker
Agricultural and Extension Education
Class of 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!

We will moderate and approve as appropriate!