- What does #AgEdu look like in other states? How is the total model of school-based agricultural education (Classroom Instruction, Youth Leadership Development <FFA> and Work-based learning <SAE>) uniquely provided?
- Who are the #AgEdu Stakeholders in the state? Specifically, what agricultural industry is being served?
- A unique yearly selected professional development topic! For #psuaged2WI, it is "Gender in the Agriculture Industry, Agricultural Classroom and Agricultural Education Profession.
Below is a reflection by George Dietrich (@TheGeorge4H), a member of the #psuaged18 cohort. George is a dual major in Agricultural and Extension Education and Food Science at Penn State, and he will be completing his student teaching internship with Ms. Darla Romberger (@DJR_131) of the Cumberland Valley Agriscience Program (@CV_Agrisciences) in Mechanicsburg, PA. The reflection focus is the eighth and final official day of the Domestic Study Away.
Our morning started bright and early in the state of Wisconsin where we loaded the van and headed to visit Big Foot High School in Walworth, Wisconsin. Here we had a chance to visit with #PSUAgEd14 Alumni Jeanne Case (@J_Case) and the rest of Big Foot's Agricultural Education team! Immediately we paired up with students in her class, went out to the green house, and learned about their current lab. Each student was able to choose what and how they would conduct their research project, as long as it met certain criteria. Talk about student ownership!
TO READ MORE ABOUT OUR #PSUAGED2WI ADVENTURES, SEE:
- 5th Annual Domestic Study Away Day Four: "Cultivating Knowledge, Connections, and Inclusion" by @allyson_balmer
- 5th Annual Domestic Study Away Day Five: "Community is Key to Success" by @Kuhlman_m40 (Michala Kuhlman)
- 5th Annual Domestic Study Away Day Six: "Seeking through Service" by @Macy_Fisher
- 5th Annual Domestic Study Away Day Seven: "Meet the Millers" by @KatieLady1995 (Katie Smith)