Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Turn Down For What?! #newbeginnings #agedu

On behalf of the Student Blogging Team, we would like to welcome everyone back to the new school year! Whether you are starting as a newbie freshman or a spunky senior, a former student or a perspective student, a past or current agriculture educator or an interested onlooker we know that this year is going to be a blast and we invite you to follow along with us! 

Check out this blog throughout the year to see what is going on in the world of Agriculture Education here at Penn State. You can also see the incredible impact the current and past students are having throughout the state and across the country! 

To start off this semester, we would like to introduce ourselves!

Hello! My name is Olivia Murphy-Sweet (@OSweetMurph) and I am a junior this year at University Park! I am super excited to be back and hoping to make a lot of memories with our awesome 'ag ed' team, I am currently a Teach Ag Avenger, the community service chair of Teach Ag Society, as well as, I was just selected to be a National Teach Ag Ambassador! Even though this year is going to be busy, I know that it is going to go by quickly and that only leads into student teaching. I can't wait to bring my passion of agriculture to the 'real world'!








I'm Laura Metrick (@Its_LauraBeth) and I am excited to be starting my senior year at one of the greatest universities in the world! It's hard to believe this will be my last year in State College but I am excited for what the future holds. I am a current Teach Ag Avenger, a member of Alpha Tau Alpha and the Vice President of the Teach Ag Society. This spring I will be student teaching at Conneaut Area Senior High with Ellen Aurand! I am looking forward to another great semester where Olivia and I, as the student bloggers, will get to share with you all the exciting things happening in the world of Agriculture Education! 



We hope this blog will show you the incredible success stories of the Penn State Agriculture and Extension Education Program. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or want to share the AWESOME things that you have done, or are going to do, please email us at, teachag@psu.edu. We always welcome Guest BLOGGERS! 
We hope to hear from you!

To learn more about starting on the path to having a career that makes a positive impact on the lives of students across the globe by becoming an agricultural educator, please contact the agricultural teacher education program at teachag@psu.edu. Follow us on Twitter at TeachAgPSU, on Facebook, or on our blog






Olivia Murphy-Sweet &
Laura Metrick 

Student Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!

We will moderate and approve as appropriate!